Friday 24 April 2020

Anxiety and distance



NOTICE: This post was written before the COVID-19 crisis broke out, so things were looking up. Now they look kind of bad, especially to inmate population. However, I'm keeping up the hope and so is Free.

Alex:

Free just had a chance of getting out, because of her state changing the laws about sentencing minors. Well, she was in a court, but didn't walk out just yet. Instead her sentence was reduced, so she'll be getting out in two years.

I'm kind of bummed and relieved at the same time. Bummed, because there was such a good chance of her going free. Relieved, because neither of us aren't necessarily ready. I don't have the resources of flying to the States just yet. Also, I'd have to meet her father, which is another story.

Well, anyway, I made the best of our situation, by starting a saving account for her and another one for my US trip. My goal is to meet her next year, though the goal may change and I need to send a visitors application form, which might not get approved. Well, just have to wait and see...

Anyway, I'm excited and kind of terrified about the future. But most of all, I'm inspired!

_______________________________________________________________________________


Free:

Going through prison at such a young age has impacted me. I fear getting out but feel I deserve it after serving so long. Don't get me wrong, I know I committed a crime and feel my sentence is fair, but at the same time I am not the kid that committed my crime. I am a woman now and feel ready to start my life over.

Alex and I have a struggle. Every day is hard. We live across the globe, struggle with mental illness and financial difficulties. But at the end of the day all we have is each other. Now we are more prepared to plan for the future. So from this court experience we can take that from it.

Anything can happen, at any time. Alex and I are working as a team to prepare for any scenerio that comes our way. Hopefully he can visit me, but if not we'll continue a long distance relationship until I can get to him.

God is watching over us.

No comments:

Post a Comment